This notification is intended to describe the practices that United Way Romania follows regarding partner relationship management systems in terms of respect for the privacy of all persons whose personal data are processed and stored in our systems.
The notification explains what information we collect and how we process it, including:
- The legal reasons and purpose for which we use your personal data;
- Your rights for the personal data we hold about you;
- Who we share your personal data with;
- How to keep your personal data secure.
- What type of personal data do we collect about you?
United Way Romania processes the following categories of data:
- name, address, email, phone numbers, work, date of birth;
- CNP, ID card number and serial number, bank account;
- responses to invitations and confirmations of participation to events;
- How do we get your personal data?
We collect data about you when you provide them to us or when you directly interact with us (e.g. events, volunteering or newsletter subscription).
We can also get information about your personal data by consulting other sources, such as the donation card collected by your employer or through the online donation card.
- Why do we need your information?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to process donations received from you;
- To inform you about our campaigns and actions;
- To answer or address your questions or requests;
- In our work, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and reporting to state institutions.
- What is the legal basis on which we use your data?
We use your personal data to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, as it follows:
- Because you have given your consent. Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use your personal information for one or more purposes (such as newsletter submission);
- For legitimate purposes. Using your personal data helps us manage and improve our charitable activities. It also allows us to build more relevant and personalized communications with you regarding our campaigns and actions;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of rights or legal actions.
- Who can access your information?
Access to your personal data is limited as necessary. Staff at United Way Romania have access to your contact information. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties in the following situations:
- If that third party is contracted by United Way to facilitate, maintain or support United Way activities such as: IT services (e.g. E-DEA Works, MailChimp), donation processing (e.g. ARC), audit, accounting services (e.g. KPMG);
- If explicitly requested by you;
- If requested by regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We always keep your data as long as the law requests. We also keep your data where necessary in connection with a legal action or investigation involving United Way.
- Transferring your personal data outside your origin country
Your personal data may be processed by United Way and trusted third-party providers. United Way does not transfer your personal data to any third country.
In situations where our trusted providers transfer your data to the third countries (for business efficiency reasons) to where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of origin, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your data remains protected and safe when transferred outside the country. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing personal data protection clauses.
- Protecting your personal data
United Way is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of data, United Way has technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is secure. United Way staff and third parties they employ to process your personal information are required to respect the confidentiality of your data.
- Your rights
As a data subject you have the following rights:
- Right to information – the right to receive detailed information on the processing activities carried out by United Way, as set out in this document;
- Right of access – the right to request information from United Way on the processing of your data including receiving a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – the right to request correction and/or completion of your personal data;
- Right to restriction of processing – the right to request restriction of the processing of your data or object to data processing;
- Right to object – the right to refuse the processing of your personal data information for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to erasure of data – the right to obtain the deletion of your personal data only in situations governed by law (e.g. where it is found that the processing of personal data was not legal);
- Right to withdraw consent – the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your information. (If United Way processes your personal data on the basis of expressed consent);
- Right to data portability – the right to request the receipt or transmission to another organization, in an electronically processed form, of the personal information you have provided to United Way;
- Right to lodge a complaint – the right to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority, if your rights of privacy are violated or if you have suffered as a result of the illegal processing of your personal information.
- Contact us
The personal data operator is United Way Romania.
If you have any questions or requests about the processing of your personal data or you need further information, please contact us at office(@)unitedway.ro or +40 21 306 4970.